How to speed your windows 7 computer? Here I’m sharing 7 tips that can helps you to keep your windows 7 OS always in good condition. By following pro-techniques, tweak in windows 7 you can optimize for great performance. As time passes of newly installation date, our system automatically create huge numbers of junk files, log files, temp data, etc. Many of them also contains MOST DANGEROUS file like- Trojan win-32 virus, adware or Malware. Gradually, They always reduce our system performance day by day. Just understand Your problem is now going to be fixed with in next 10 minutes.
Speed up Windows 7 PC by useful RUN command
Even A little child also know this, but this is also important for beginners, By using RUN(win+r) command. You can improve your windows 7 installed pc. Open Run and type following command and press Enter. By using TEMP, %temp%, recent, you can delete your all junk files from you computer.
2. %temp% (Shift+Del All)
3. TEMP (Shift+Del All)
4. recent (Shift+Del All)
5. Some folks also suggest to delete some files with “prefetch” command. I will not recommend this method for you. It will slow your system shut down process. Every time you install new software it goes register working strategy in registry. There are so many registry cleaner software. You should use CCleaner to delete unwanted registry. It will improve speed.
Use of Accessories>System Tool can also Improve your system performance.
- According to I3, Never keep more then 5-10 Icons on Desktop. Only keep frequntly used ICON files.
- unwanted icons- music player, useless folders/files, setup, word/excel/notepad/pic files, PDF reader shortcut, just they are automatically open with as default set. You no need to choose first application. Just you need to open files.
- RUN “Disk Defragmenter” atleast in a week.
- Run Check Disk-My Computer>Open Local Disk Properties>TOOLS>Click Check Now
- Use Less Local Disk- Never Never Never make partition of small drive. Usually I think 2-3 drive is enough.Primary Active Partition where your OS is installed. Keep it under 40-80 GB.
- Un-Install every software, which is not in use. It doesn’t matter for you !
- Through the help of CCleaner. Stop your all use-less startup service (Carefully choose, if you know about otherwise, another may be program by this). This is best method to increase System startup.
Online Precaution/Software/Driver ISSUE
- 1. Always use newly purchased antivirus. There are lots of Antivirus on Internet which are in cracked version by hacker as well as they are lifetime. But today, keep one thing also in mind. They are just useless haa haa 😀 because, everyday launching new virus. So, your old version antivirus will never capable to fight.
- If you are thinking your system was alright, suddenly something not working properly. Then it may cause, MALWARE problem. USE best Anti-MALWARE software(Only Premium Version)
- Usually CNET-like site provide own Installer for everything. I NEVER Recommend you to download software through un-official INSTALLER. They always download setup along more use-less material such as browser tool bar, addon, etc. Instead of this, Of course, You can try Official Installer from their website.
- USE AdBlock Plus Addon can prevent you from malware site, A little bit work but it is best deal to block unwanted ADS on site and reduce your data usage. Install it on your browser. Search for Ad-BLOCKER addon with name of your browser.
- Never Ever Never download any Torrent files. They usually send virus.
- USE A BEST PC TUNE UP. I recommend- AVG (Only when you feel your system need to boost up)
- This method Only for those, If you have purchased ORIGINAL WINDOWS OS CD with LICENCE KEY. Then I recommend- Only download drivers from Important UPDATES.
- Always Remember: Use of LATEST version is always better. So keep updating. I know you are thinking- How many software I can update. Ok fine. Just download- Updater Tool from www.filehippo.com
- For performance and Security, I highly recommend you to use Original-Genuine Windows 7.
Fix Speed Up Start-up/Shut Down in Windows 7
If you are computer is not starting under 45 sec to 1min, You really need follow do this steps.
- If you had installed any OS. Then format it only that drives not you have done format all drives. Then it obvious you may see list of 2 OS on system Start-up
You can fix this problem Just by simple tweak
Go to My computer properties > Advance Sytem Setting > Select SETTING under STartup & Recovery Option>Choose Your Choice Default Operating System & also UNCHECK/Un-TICK both time to display box. Click OK apply > ok. DONE
- START UP SLOW: SET less to less startup application like any messenger/dropbox/etc, You can manage this properly by CCleaner SOFTWARE or TYPE msconfig in RUN & press Enter key. Uncheck use less start-up service. Click apply > Finally OK. You can also do this with ccleaner software.
SLOW SHUT DOWN ISSUE can be fix by this method
- Click Start -> Type ‘regedit’ and then press [Enter] to open Registry Editor
- Locate ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control’->right
- Click on ‘WaitToKillServiceTimeOut’ to change its value data to the minimum as possible as.
USE PENDRIVE as RAM – Readyboost
I can say, This is my favorite and easiest method for you to improve you computer speed.
Setting up the Windows 7 Ready Boost Service for an Extra Speed Boost. Discussed below are the steps to employ this technique:
- Users need to have a high speed Flash/USB or pen drive (compatible with ready boost) to configure the Ready Boost Feature in Windows 7.
- After plugging the USB drive, users should open “My Computer” and then right-click on the USB Drive and after that they should click on the “Ready Boost” tab and tick the “Use this device” check-box.
- And then finally, users should configure the amount of pen drive memory they wish to use as random access memory (RAM). The ready boost feature of Windows 7 facilitates to use pen drive or flash drive as RAM, thus enhancing the performance and speed of sluggish windows 7 to a great extent.
Turn off Some use-less “Windows feature”
You can disable some feature to enhance pc performance like games, media center, fax and scan, etc.
DISABLING INDEXING FEATURE WILL SPEED UP YOUR COMPUTER
Type “window feature” in start menu, Open ‘Turn window feature ON or OFF’.
1. Uncheck some unwanted as your interest. As, I don’t use GAMES/MEDIA CENTER/Window Gadget Platform/ Internet Explorer/Tablet PC component.
Disable Unwanted Service in Windows 7
- Firstly, the users should right click on the “My Computer” icon on the desktop and select the option “Manage”. Afterwards, the “Computer Management” window will appear on the screen.
- Secondly, users should click on “Services and Applications” in the “Computer Management” window. And then users should finally click on “Services”. A list of services will appear on the computer screen.
- Conclusively, users should locate the “Windows Search” service and then right click on it and select the option “Properties”. Finally, select “Disabled” in the “Startup Type”. (This method do only if you know what you going to do). Only for Information I have shared above.
INCREASE VIRTUAL MEMORY
This technique is for those users who operates on many programs and windows simultaneously and leads to slow windows 7. Too many opened programs or windows decrease the speed of the system. But the users can increase the Virtual Memory of Windows 7 to avoid the problem of slow windows 7.
Virtual memory works in coordination with RAM. Hard disk space can be used as virtual memory to store temporary information, which otherwise is very rarely used by programs and operating system. Increasing virtual memory in Windows 7 ensures the smooth working of Windows 7. Steps to perform this technique are mentioned below:
- Users should right click on the My Computer icon on desktop and select properties.
- Afterwards users should go to the “Advanced tab” and click on the setting button under ‘Performance’.
- Finally, users should go to “Advanced tab” in next window and press change button under virtual memory.
- Then users should enter the size they want to allocate for the virtual memory in the next screen under custom size. But, users must ensure that the memory amount they are allocating should not be less than the system recommended size. Generally, recommended paging file is 1.5 of physical RAM.
Users will surely, no longer experience troubles of slow windows 7.
I would love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment. And please don’t forgot to share.